Address Policy Working Group
Session 1: Wednesday, 6 May - 09:45-10:30
A. Administrative Matters
- Select a scribe
- Jabber Monitor
- Microphone Etiquette
- Finalise agenda
- An Update on the implementation of 2007-01 will be covered in the NCC Services Working Group
B. Current Policy Topics - Filiz Yilmaz [PDF - 1.2MB]
- An overview of concluded proposals
- 2006-01 - Provider Independent (PI) IPv6 Assignments for End User Organisations
- 2007-05 - IPv6 ULA-Central
- 2007-08 - Enabling Methods for Reallocation of IPv4 Resources
- 2008-09 - ASPLAIN Format for the Registration of 4-byte ASNs
- Common policy topics in all regions
- IPv4 Exhaustion
C. 32-bit ASN Take-Up Report - Policy Adjustments Needed? - Daniel Karrenberg [PDF - 240KB]
Session 2: Wednesday, 6 May - 11:00-12:30
D. New Proposals Since RIPE 57 - An overview of what's coming
E. Discussion of Open Policy Proposals - These are grouped by similarity of topic.
PI and Special Case Address Space Related
- 2006-05 PI Assignment Size - will be mentioned in the "overview" and will not be discussed again
- 2008-05 Anycasting Assignments for TLDs and Tier 0/1 ENUM - Brett Carr [PDF - 650KB]
- A five-minute presentation about version 3.0 and the issues addressed, followed by Q&A, and discussion.
- 2009-02 Internet Resource Assignment to the RIPE NCC - Remco van Mook [PDF - 33KB]
- A three-minute presentation about version 2.0, followed by Q&A, and discussion.
- 2009-05 Multiple IPv6 Allocations for LIRs
End of IPv4 Session 1
- 2009-03 IPv4 Run-Out Fairly Proposal - Daniel Karrenberg [PDF - 8.8MB]
Session 3: Thursday, 7 May - 09:00-10:30
End of IPv4 Session 2
- 2009-01 - Global Policy for the Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional Internet Registries - Axel Pawlik [PDF - 50KB]
- 2008-06 - Use of Final /8 - Philip Smith [PDF - 52KB]
- 2009-04 - IPv4 Allocation and Assignments to Facilitate IPv6 Deployment - Alain Bidron [PDF - 144KB]
- This is a joint discussion about both proposals, because both affect usage of the last /8. The working group needs to decide how to proceed with these two colliding proposals.
- 2008-07 - Ensuring Efficient Use of Historical IPv4 Resources - Philip Smith [PDF - 44KB]
Cross-Working Group Material
- 2008-08 Initial Certification Policy for PA Space Holders - Nigel Titley [PDF - 110KB]
- Nigel will present on behalf of the CA-TF.
- Followed by discussion.
- This will also be discussed in the NCC Services Working Group and is included in this list of 'open proposals' for completeness.
Y. Open Policy Hour
The Open Policy Hour (OPH) is a showcase for your policy ideas. If you
have a policy proposal you'd like to debut, prior to formally submitting
it, here is your opportunity.